Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of South Greenville County has been busy during the previous winters, mitigating mold in Upstate South Carolina. The past few years we have noticed an unusually high amount of moisture in crawlspaces and basements. We highly suggest homeowners take a proactive role in preventing mold. To take positive steps, eliminate water, humidity, and allow for air movement. Maintaining a crawlspace may require vapor barriers and dehumidification if encapsulated. Homeowners with basements should continue running the HVAC system over the summer, even when away from the Lakes. If you stumble across visual mold, Call your local professional team serving Simpsonville, Mauldin, Fountain Inn, Batesville, Five Forks, and Woodville, SERVPRO of South Greenville County for all your mitigation needs.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (864) 737-8776
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of South Greenville County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of South Greenville County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Fountain Inn