Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of South Greenville County understands that when you have a water damage emergency, you need assistance right away to ensure the situation is stabilized and conditions do not worsen. Servicing Simpsonville, Mauldin, Fountain Inn, Batesville, Five Forks, and Woodville, our teams of professionals will be out to your emergency within two hours or less.
If your not prepared for an emergency of this sort, you can always download our digital ERP App (Emergency Ready Plan) that will help keep you ready in the event of an emergency. Visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/ to Get Started Now!
Make sure you select the SERVPRO of South Greenville County for your SERVPRO Emergency Response Team!
Below are steps to take during a Water Damage Emergency.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (864) 737-8776
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.